Published on March 22nd, 2022. Effective as of March 30th, 2022.
- Personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Your choices
- Other sites and services
- International data transfer
- How to contact us
- Your California privacy rights
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Profile data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, links to your profiles on social networks, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Stylist data, such as licensing information and details of your operations if you are a stylist, information about your hair stylist proficiencies, and location and desired characteristics of a stylist if you are a user seeking a stylist.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through the Service, social media, or otherwise.
- Payment and transactional data, such as information relating to or needed to complete your orders and/or payments on or through the Service (including payment card information and information), and your purchase history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
- User-generated content, such as photos, images, comments, reviews, and other content or information that you generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata.
- Promotional data, including information you share when you enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey. Please note that if you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway through the Service, we may ask you for your Contact data to notify you if you win or not, to verify your identity and/or to send you prizes. In some situations, we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules and other relevant information for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- Research data, including information you enter for studies or email surveys associated with Mayvenn, including Contact data or any other information you choose to provide in connection with these activities.
Third-party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information.
- Marketing partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, we use the following technologies:
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email address was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Data about others. Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us and share their contact information with us. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- process your payments and complete transactions with you;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- manage our certified stylists;
- facilitate your invitations to friends who you want to invite to join the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service or your own Mayvenn website, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- meet our obligations on reporting income to tax authorities;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
SMS Messaging. Mayvenn collects various information from and about you when you sign up to receive automated marketing text messages, including information you directly provide when you enroll in our text message marketing program (“Mayvenn”) or transactional messaging program (“Mayvenn Customer Alerts”). For example, we collect the phone number and email address you provided when signing up for “Mayvenn”. When you send messages to “Mayvenn” or “Mayvenn Customer Alerts”, we will also collect your messaging history and any information included in those messages. Consent to receive automated marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase. You can opt-out of receiving further commercial text messages via either of our messaging programs by replying “STOP” to any text message you receive from the applicable program. If you sign up for both Mayvenn and Mayvenn Customer Alerts, you will need to opt-out of each program separately. For additional opt-out information, please review our Terms of Service.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you Mayvenn-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. This includes sending you automated marketing text messages, including information your directly provide when you enroll in our text messaging marketing program (“Mayvenn” marketing service). For example, we collect phone number and email address you provided when signing up for “Mayvenn”, we will also collect your messaging history and any information included in those messages. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, marketing, and website analytics). We only share phone numbers as required to operate the service in accordance.
Payment processors. Any payment card information you use to make a purchase on the Service is collected and processed directly by our payment processors, such as such as Stripe, PayPal, and Quadpay. We may also use processors such as Spreedly and Green Dot to disburse payments to stylists.
Stripe, PayPal, Quadpay, Spreedly, and Green Dot may use your payment data in accordance with their respective Privacy Policies:
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/privacy
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Zip: https://zip.co/us/privacy-policy
- Spreedly: https://www.spreedly.com/privacy
- Green Dot: https://www.greendot.com/content/dam/greendot/legal/about/docs/greendottechnologyprivacystatement8.pdf
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Certified stylists. We may share your personal information with Certified Stylists to fulfill your orders through the Service.
Marketing partners. Third parties who we think may offer you products or services that you may enjoy.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations and diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Mayvenn or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Other users and the public. Information you post on or provide to the Service, such as comments or reviews you post to the Service, may be visible to other users of the Service and the public. This information can be seen, collected and used by others, including being cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines), and we are not responsible for any such use of information.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us through the Service, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
If you receive marketing text messages from us through our Mayvenn messaging program, you may opt out of receiving further marketing text messages from the program by replying STOP to our marketing message. You may also text STOP to 31694. Similarly, if you enroll in our Mayvenn Customer Alerts program and then decide you want to opt-out, you can reply STOP to any message you receive through the program or by texting STOP to 34649.
Advertising choices. You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Browser settings. Blocking third-party cookies in your browser settings.
- Privacy browsers/plug-ins. By using privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
- Platform settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs: - Network Advertising Initiative: www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out.
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked to above.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Linked third-party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account or other third-party platform, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it. We encourage parents or guardians with concerns to contact us.
How to contact us
Your California privacy rights
Scope. This section applies only to California residents. It describes how we collect, use, and share Personal Information of California residents in our capacity as a “business” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, the term “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the CCPA but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA. In some cases, we may provide a different privacy notice to certain categories of California residents, such as job applicants, in which case that notice will apply instead of this section.
Your California privacy rights. As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- The categories of Personal Information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
- The categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Opt-out of sales. You can opt-out any sale of your Personal Information.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by the CCPA.
Right to information, access and deletion. You may submit requests to exercise your right to information, access or deletion by submitting this web form, or calling us toll free at 1-855-287-6868.
Notice of right to opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information. Like many companies, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you. Our use of some of these services may be classified under California law as a “sale” of your Personal Information to the advertising partners that provide the services because they collect information from our users (e.g., device data and online activity data) to help them serve ads more likely to interest you. We never share or "sale" collected phone numbers for SMS marketing or transactional purposes. You can request to opt-out out of these “sales” of your personal information here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
We will need to verify your identity to process your information, access and deletion requests and reserve the right to confirm your California residency. To verify your identity, we may require government identification, a declaration under penalty of perjury or other information. Your authorized agent may make a request on your behalf upon our verification of the agent’s identity and our receipt of a copy of a valid power of attorney given to your authorized agent pursuant to California Probate Code Sections 4000-4465. If you have not provided your agent with such a power of attorney, you must provide your agent with written and signed permission to exercise your CCPA rights on your behalf, provide the information we request to verify your identity, and provide us with confirmation that you have given the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
|Statutory category of personal information (PI) (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.140)
|PI we collect in this category (See Personal information we collect above for description)
|Source of PI
|Business / commercial purpose for collection
|Categories of third parties to whom we “disclose” PI for a business purpose
|Categories of third parties to whom we “sell” PI
|California Customer Records (as defined in California Civil Code section 1798.80)
|Internet or Network Information
|May be derived from your:
Your California privacy rights. Under California’s Shine the Light law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83), California residents may ask companies with whom they have formed a business relationship primarily for personal, family or household purposes to provide the names of third parties to which they have disclosed certain personal information (as defined under the Shine the Light law) during the preceding calendar year for their own direct marketing purposes and the categories of personal information disclosed. You may send us requests for this information to email@example.com. In your request, you must include the statement “Shine the Light Request," and provide your first and last name and mailing address and certify that you are a California resident. We reserve the right to require additional information to confirm your identity and California residency. Please note that we will not accept requests via telephone, mail, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.